Saturday, May 29, 2010

Apple & Banana Crumble

I grew up eating the Apple & Banana Crumble that my Mum baked so when I had several overripe bananas earlier in the week, I decided it had been too long since we last enjoyed a decent dessert!

1-2 large can of dessert apples
4-5 overripe bananas
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a pie dish. (or any type of dish really!)
Line the dish with the apple pieces, peel & slice bananas lengthwise and layer on top of the apple.

For the topping, combine flour and sugar in a bowl and rub butter into the mixture until it resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle over the bananas until completely covered, scatter small cubes of butter on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the topping turns golden.





Results: Yummy as usual, just one of those super easy desserts that makes enough to feed an entire family. Very easy to make a smaller or larger amount, if you use a large dish then just adapt the amounts. For example - the dish I used in the photo was quite large so I used 1 & 1/2 large tins of apple + 4 bananas + 1 & 1/2 lots of topping. Don't forget the double cream or vanilla ice cream....oh and custard if you are so inclined!!

Source - my gorgeous Mummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment