Monday, May 24, 2010

Almond & Chocolate Slice

I first tasted this slice at a birthday party last month and the next day I emailed my friend to request the recipe as I kept thinking how nice it was.





250g plain sweet biscuits (I use Marie Biscuits)
150g butter
395g can of condensed milk
100g desiccated coconut
1 cup flaked almonds
200g dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped

Crush the biscuits in a food processor (or between baking paper with a rolling pin). Mix in 100g of melted butter, coconut, condensed milk and 1/2 a cup of flaked almonds. Press mixture into a lined lamington tin (20cm x 30cm) and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.

Add the roughly chopped chocolate and remaining (50g) butter to a bowl and melt on 60% power in the microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds until chocolate is completely melted and mixed with butter. Spread chocolate mixture over the biscuit base and sprinkle remaining flaked almonds (1/2 cup) over immediately. Chill in the fridge for an additional 2 hours and once set, slice into squares.

Results - Well clearly this tastes great if I chased down the recipe! It reminds me of another sweet I've grown up on which is probably why I liked it so much. It's very quick and easy to make and it stores in the fridge for days so you can even make it 1-2 days ahead of time if you like. My tip for the base if you are using a food processor to crush the biscuits, is to also add the 1/2 cup of almond flakes in to make them a little smaller, just makes the base smoother. Enjoy!

Source - Off the packet of Freshlife Flaked Almonds (unofficially my friend Natalie)

No comments:

Post a Comment